/* */

Friday, September 09, 2005

Second Job

I now have a second job on top of my current full-time position. My friend referred me to his company, a start-up financial firm and I had an interview with his bosses two weeks ago. I basically told them about my interest in finance and how I've been reading financial/business magazines and they seem to really like my interview, plus I have a technology background and experience. I just started working today after I got off my full-time job. I'm doing market research and gathering information about companies. I can't talk too much about it, because a lot of the information is confidential. The work seems to be interesting and the things I do are financial related, which is the field I wanted to get into. I have so many things going on right now. I have a full-time job during the day, a part-time job at night/weekends, and a real estate investment property in the works. Plus, I have to take out time to help out my dad with his business, and he's in the middle of a big project. I still have to keep an eye on my stocks, catch up on my magazines, and among a dozen other things in my personal life. My part-time job can potentially become full-time. If that succeeds, then I wouldn't have to juggle between two companies. However, that is still up in the air. There are a lot of possibilities. We'll see how it goes. It looks like I will be working long hours and sacrificing night and weekends. I hope this all this work and investment will do me well over time.

3 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 02:12:00 AM, Blogger Neville said...

It's good to see things going so well for you!

-Nev

 
At 9/12/2005 02:23:00 AM, Blogger Sean said...

Ostrauder,

Haha... sleep is optional?

Nevile,

Hey, it's good to see you leave a comment. I read the updates on your blog, too. I take it that you're very busy yourself. Keep us posted.

 
At 1/12/2006 05:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a few words to say that your blog rocks! Very good content and nice layout.
Regards,
hoboken real estate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home