/* */

Friday, December 16, 2005

About Me

I thought I’ll share some information about myself so you get a better idea of who I am. I’m 25 years old and I live in New York City. Smarty is the name I use on this blog, I like the name because it’s catchy and easy to remember. I grew up in a poor family but I always have big dreams. I have an ambition to succeed in the business world and I want get out of the rat race one day.

I’m currently working in a small company in NYC as a full-time employee. I have been working there for more than three years and I’m already getting tired of working for someone else. I work more than eight hours a day and I get paid a fixed annual salary. I watch my bosses’ salaries increase tremendously faster than mine and when the company profits flourish, I get the small piece of the pie in bonuses. I don’t want to be a small guy anymore. I know this is common and I sound just like everyone else in the working class. But I want more than just a working life. I want to be wealthy and financially independent. I want to make a difference in my life and I have taken action. I have been learning to take control of my finances and investments. I follow the stock market, learning how it works, and I regularly read financial news/magazines.

I have an innate passion for investing. As a kid, I saved up baseball cards, stamps, and rare coins in hopes of them increasing in value over time. When I was a teenager, I bought bonds and CDs. Now, I invest in the stock market and real estate, and I am always in the works of coming up with business ideas.

My ultimate goal is to have enough passive income to support a nice lifestyle without working. Ideally, I would own several buildings in NYC and hold a large sum of equities with lavish dividend payouts.

One of the biggest lessons I’ve learned to become rich is that you have to know how to use money to make money. The idea is to turn your first thousand dollars to two thousand dollars, and your two thousands to four thousands, and your four thousands to eight thousands, and so forth, and the faster you do it, the more money you will have in your lifetime.

5 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 12:24:00 PM, Blogger Sean said...

I would like to have my own business some day, but right now I have a job and reading/learning on my own time. When I come up with an idea I can't resist to pass up, I would immediately act on it. It's a matter of time.

 
At 12/20/2005 01:58:00 PM, Blogger vr6trd said...

I have posted the next Poll of the Week "How many 0% balance transfers have you done?". If you have played the 0% balance transfer game, please complete the poll located the following URL:

http://neos-nest-egg.blogspot.com/2005/12/poll-of-week-how-many-0-balance.html

Neo

 
At 12/21/2005 11:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I really need to ask my mom what she did with my baseball cards. Too bad I was mostly collecting in the bad mass-produced years of the late 80s.

 
At 12/21/2005 11:23:00 PM, Blogger Sean said...

I just found my box of childhood collections. I doubt my baseball cards and marvel cards are worth much. I should've bought bonds instead, the interest rates were so high when I was a kid. I would have done better than the cards. =)

 
At 1/13/2006 01:17:00 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Thanks Self, but I'm not quitting my day job just yet. We'll see how things go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home