/* */

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Frugal Solution

In light of Frugal Girl's ongoing quest to be as frugal as possible, I have discovered something for myself that will save me more money. I have a few Sharper Image air purifiers at home that I usually clean once a week. It would normally cost me several Bounty Towels to wipe the dust out of the air purifiers. I have tried something else yesterday that would do the job without costing me any paper towels. Every time I finish drying my clothes I would have the anti-static sheets lying around, so I took the used anti-static sheets and used them to clean the air purifiers. The sheets seemed to do a pretty good job surprisingly. I feel so proud.. hahaha... I have reused garbage and turn it into something useful AND saved money. Saving paper towels = saving money. I think I deserved a Frugal Star from Frugal Girl. :-)

7 Comments:

At 5/26/2005 03:12:00 PM, Blogger michael75 said...

Check out consumer reports review of these air purifiers, they are doing more harm than good!

 
At 5/26/2005 03:57:00 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Really? Do you have a link?

 
At 5/26/2005 04:02:00 PM, Blogger Sean said...

I found something on google:
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/house_and_home/air-purifier-reviews/fullstory.html

 
At 5/27/2005 02:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're wasting more on electricity running the purifiers than you're saving by recycling anti-static sheets... dontcha think?

 
At 5/27/2005 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Sean said...

Sharper Imagine claims "low energy" on the units. I have it on 24/7 anyways.

 
At 5/27/2005 11:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Used dryer sheets are also great for cleaning off your TV screen. Make sure it's off first.

 
At 1/21/2006 12:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came accross the term "which is better ionic or hepa air purifier" the other day and I did not know what it was. When I search for it I found your site. Thought you might find that interesting :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home