/* */

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

AdSense Results

As I have expected, the traffic (chart below) for May 11th and May 12th would be significantly increased due to the news coverage from Neville's site. At that time I put up some invading ads in the middle of the contents. My smack-in-the-face ads got 4 clicks which is a 400% increase from the previous 1 click on May 9th. It seems like intrusive ads can earn you a bit more revenue, but I believe it also decreases the value of your site. It tends to repel visitors. I don't like sites with annoying ads myself, so I believe it is more important to keep a site more clean. I would rather have more visitors than earned the few extra pennies. For a total of 1,294 page impressions and 9 clicks, I have earned $2.00. While my site is still young, $2 for the time I have put on AdSense is not a good return. AdSense Results 5/1/05 - 5/16/05

4 Comments:

At 5/18/2005 07:30:00 PM, Blogger Meredith said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with adclick. I have been toying with putting ads on my blog, but I don't think I would generate an amount worth annoying my readers.

 
At 5/18/2005 09:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to remember that your AdSense should perform better over time -- as you build content and links, you'll get more targeted visitors from Google and the like. Also keep in mind that once it's set up, you don't have to do anything more. Thus, it's not really fair to compare the time spent setting it up against the $2 that you made in the first week.
--
fivecentnickel.com

 
At 5/18/2005 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Sean said...

True. You've brought up a good point, Nickel. Once I set up the ads, I can forget about it and just let it work in the background. Hopefully, the adss will generate more revenue.

 
At 11/11/2005 09:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Smarty, well you know we humans always start doing things on one topic and later found ourselves doing something else, this is always what happened to me. I started looking for something on e-gold 2 hours ago however have found my seself looking at all different topics, of course including your site AdSense Results. I thought what the hell since I'm here already might as well just leave a few words. Ok I'll go on to search for e-gold related stuff again and hopefully it'll take me longer than last time to lose my concentration. cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home