/* */

Friday, July 28, 2006

Bought Dyson Vacuum

I have wall-to-wall carpets in my apartment and I have been looking for a good vacuum for the longest time. I want a vacuum that is easy to use and does a great job. I had a few vacuums but they were cumbersome to move around and they did a lousy job. I saw Dyson on commericals and read many online user reviews. According to the reviews, many say Dyson really does work. One of the reviewers called Dyson, "the Mercedes-Benz of vacuums." That is interesting, and I ike the idea of no suction power lost from obstructions. So I finally settled for the Dyson DC 14 All Floors Upright Bagless Vacuum, and to save a little bit of money, I bought the factory-reconditioned version. I received the Dyson this week and I tested it out yesterday. I can tell you that it really does what it says it gonna do. After one session, the dirt chamber was almost filled up. My carpet has not been that clean for a long time. Surprisingly, it was not that hard to use at all. I rolled it around with relative easy and it made me feel good after vacuuming. I would recommend it, because I feel the Dyson gives me an incentive to use it, as opposed to my previous vacuums. My carpet collects a lot of dust, and the Dyson picks up a lof of them, and I can feel the difference after one vacuum session. For $289.99, I say, it's well worth the money.

2 Comments:

At 7/29/2006 12:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good review. Nice idea on buying the factory re-conditioned unit too, saved you nearly 42% according to your Amazon link.

Do you have pets by any chance? We've got two cats that like to apply their own sheen to our carpet, and getting ALL the hair out is a big chore. I know Dyson has a specific vacuum for pet hair, but I'd like to know if a standard unit could do the same work as the more expensive pet hair model.

-Grant
TheCornerOfficeBlog.com

 
At 7/29/2006 02:14:00 PM, Blogger Sean said...

I don't have any pets, but I read from one of the reviews that the standard unit is just as good as the pet units.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home