/* */

Monday, November 14, 2005

Philadelphia Investment Update #8 - Received Money from Tenants

I received a check from my agent this weekend. She forwarded me the money my tenants owed me. Here's the breakdown: $555 Rent for November (pro-rated) $925 One month security deposit $300 Pet deposit -$60 Bonus to my agent ----- $1720 Check amount Regarding the bonus, there is a funny story to it. I paid my agent $600 to help me find tenants. There was some demand for my house and it was rented out in less than a month. So, my agent called me and asked for a bonus, because she rented out my house in such a short period of time. Many people say that I don't need to pay her any additional money, but since she asked, I thought about it for a day and gave her a 10% bonus, or $60. All in all, the real estate investment seems to be running smoothly. My tenants called once to ask for permission to repaint the colors of one bedroom. I told them to go ahead.

2 Comments:

At 11/16/2005 10:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there was demand for your house and it rented out so quickly then I would think that your agent had to do less work and therefore should give you a bonus. My 2 cents.

 
At 12/11/2005 12:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asking for a bonus sounded kind of lame, but a result is a result.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home