/* */

Monday, October 10, 2005

Business Idea #1 - SEND-A-TUNE

I've posted this idea on MMI #8 - Send A Tune. I really like the idea and I'd like to know how I can suggest this to a music/phone company.


SEND-A-TUNE is a service that lets you send a song to someone's voicemail. What is it? It's basically a service that incorporates music into phone messages. The service is targeted towards people who like to pick songs to express an emotion or to say a congratulation. For example, I want to wish my friend a happy birthday and play her the song. It would be nice if I can record my message and play a happy birthday song over her voicemail. When she checks her voicemail, she would hear something like this.
" Hey, it's me. I want to wish you a happy birthday. [Music beings and the song plays] Happy birthday to you Happy birthday to you Happy birthday to YOU Happy birthday to you. I hope you're having a great time at the party. "
The service allows a great selection of songs. You can pick a song for your girlfriend, wife, friend, or family member. How does it work? You call a company that hosts the service, SEND-A-TUNE (for example). You pick a song from the selection. The selection should include a wide range of music, genre, and artists. You enter the destination voicemail number. You are allowed to record a personal message before and after the song. The song and message will be delivered to the targeted destination number. Why send a song? Sometimes a song can express your feelings and thoughts. Send a song to confess your love. Send an apology. Send a congratulation message. There are many reasons.
  • Example #1: John has feelings for Rebecca for a long time but never had the courage to tell her. He sends the song, "Right Here Waiting."
  • Example #2: Maggie appreciates the five years she's been with her boyfriend. On her anniversary, she picks "Thank God I Found You" and sends that to him.
  • Example #3: Joe wants to apologize to his girlfriend for the mistakes he has made but it's hard to explain his situation, so he sends, Az Yet's "Hard To Say I'm Sorry."
  • Example #4: Jimmy just graduated high school. He picks "That's What Friends Are For" and sends them to two of his best friends.
Who would pay for this service? Mostly teens and young adults, but people of any age can use the service. I imagine mostly lovebirds and people who like music. But parents can send songs to kids to express their love and care. That gives parents another way to tighten the gap with their kids. How much would it cost for users? The service has to be inexpensive for people to use it. One-time payment and memberships are available as well. Methods of Payment
  • A charge directly to the phone account
  • Credit Card/Debit Card
  • Membership Account
    • One-time charge, deducted for each use (like a phone card).
    • Unlimited monthly usage (for high volume users)
One easy way for customers to pay is to have it charged to their phone bill. The music company can talk to the phone company about this. If the customer doesn't like adding to their phone bill, they can sign up for a membership account where they enter a short account # and a pin#. Great expansion idea for existing music stations. I think this would be a great opportunity for existing music stations like Yahoo! Music to incorporate in their expansion plans. They already have all the licensing and it would be a great thing to add to their agenda. This service should help them boost revenue.

2 Comments:

At 1/09/2006 05:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's the progress with your idea? do you sell it to somebody?

Reach me at: ttt07@dr.com

 
At 5/10/2006 12:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC IDEA! In fact, I had assumed this 'technology' was already established. I went online to see how I could send a song to someone. I'm surprised this isn't an option yet. You can send song files as attachments to email, why in the world couldn't you send a song to someone's voicemail? I'm so ready for this!! Wonder how long it will take for the rest of the world to 'get the clue!'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home