/* */

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Vanguard

I spoke with three Vanguard customer service agents yesterday. The first one sounded very impatient. Perhaps it was Monday morning and he didn't wanted to be at work. Well, tough luck! It's your job to impress your potential customers. It's not like I was giving him a hard time, I was very friendly. The second one was a little better. She was more helpful and directed me to the right places for my questions. Finally, when I got a hold of the third Customer Service agent, he was able to help me. I did ask a lot of questions. We were on the phone for at least an hour. He was patient with me. I wanted to open an IRA account for my dad. There are so many funds to choose from and I wanted hear his recommendations. But since they can't give recommendations (because it would be consider "legal advice"), he gave me some guidelines for someone his age. Here it is:

3 Comments:

At 7/28/2005 05:39:00 PM, Blogger Sean said...

I have a ROTH IRA account with Scottrade already. I'm trying to open a Vanguard retirement account for my father.

 
At 8/10/2005 11:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.diehards.org

You may find this forum helpful if you're interested in Vanguard funds/ETFs.

 
At 8/17/2005 09:05:00 PM, Blogger your math teacher said...

You can go for one or two funds to keep fees low. They have target retirement funds that change automatically as you get closer to retirement. For example, if you're young, most of the funds will be in stocks. If you're older, more of your funds will be in bonds and money markets. The expense ratio on these are pretty low too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home