/* */

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Brokerage Firms Comparison

Ameritrade vs. Scottrade When I was out of town on a trip, I wanted to check my portfolio over the phone since I didn't have access to the Internet. I called Ameritrade and they told me there was no phone support. I was very disappointed. A big financial firm like Ameritrade that does not allow me to check my account status upset me. I would expect them to at least have an automated system that I can get access to my account and stock quotes. I had wanted to trade stocks over the phone, but I couldn't even get access to my account. I called Scottrade next to check my account. I have a small amount in there so I didn't care as much. Surprisingly, I was connected with a live operator and he helped me with my demands. Not only did he tell me my account balance, he gave me stock quotes to other companies I requested. I was pleased with their customer service. And I would recommend them to anyone who travels and want to stay updated with their account.

4 Comments:

At 7/19/2005 06:17:00 PM, Blogger Money Turtle said...

That's not good... I use TD Waterhouse for most of my trades. I really like them, good customer support and research. TD is merging with Ameritrade, I hope their customer service doesn't decline after the merger.

 
At 7/21/2005 08:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use thinkorswim. They are absolutely out of this world. Their customer service is just amazing too. It's good to have a broker one trusts and likes.

 
At 8/10/2005 11:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just opened an international account with Scottrade.

Excellent service! Good telephone manner and very helpful.

--An ETF trader from Hong Kong.

 
At 11/11/2005 10:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Smarty, I am just out surfing and seaching for some information about e-currency and found your place, Although Brokerage Firms Comparison is not quite what I'm looking for but I still decided to have a closer look at your site bacause it got my attention, it's just one of those start on one thing and end up on another, you know. I can see why I end up at your page while I was looking for e-currency related topics, and I'm happy that I did not skip it even this is not a perfect match. thanks! .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home