/* */

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Financial Independence

I have been working for three years in the real world and I'm getting pretty tired of it. I have to show my face at the office by nine o'clock in the morning and sit there until at least 6pm. There are many times I have to work overtime (without paid) up until 10pm or later on busy days. I can see the same story repeating for the next 40 years. Now that's a picture I really don't want. I want financial freedom. I want to decide when I get up, what I want to do for the day and when I get off. I want that power and as I sit in the office from one day to the next, I crave more strongly for that freedom. I've read Rich Dad, Poor Dad and that book has really inspired me. I can't say much for the validity of his contents, but the thoughts and the point of the book motivates me to get out of the rat race. Even if I become wealthy now, I will still work, but it'll be my own projects and business. The more I read up on financial articles and books, the more I become fascinated by the knowledge I can attain and develop for smarter investments -- basically, make my money work for me! But even knowlege can be short-handed by a lack of funds. I need something to start with. That's why I'm working for someone else now. I'll need to save up more and invest wisely in the meantime, and eventually when I have enough money I can do something for myself. In the end, I just want more free time. Life is short, why waste time working for someone or doing something you don't enjoy. I don't mind working hard, but I want to be the one that gets rewarded. I'll plant the money seeds, and hopefully in the future, I'll have a forest of gold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home