/* */

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Education and Job Background

I graduated college in 2002 with a BS in computer science. At that time the tech market has just been decimated and thousands of tech employees were laid off every month. I have been working part-time in a small company during college and they need someone for tech. They offered me a $35K salary, but I barely negotiated it to $37K. I wanted $40K but the supply and demand of the market at that time was really working against me so I had to lower my expectation and accept the offer. It was a good decision at that time because while many new graduates were hunting desperately around for a job, I was already working in an air conditioned office on a hot summer day. And in terms of finances, it was also good, because I had income coming to me immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home