/* */

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Update

I have been very busy lately so I haven't gotten much of a chance to update. I'm still working two jobs, but I'm going to quit one, the part-time financial job. I just don't have the time for it anymore. Things has been really busy at my full-time job and the company is expanding, which means more work for me at the same paid. I'm still following the market and so far the stocks I've been watching closely are doing pretty well. PFE is back in the 26 zone. STX came back up on Friday. And Cisco is holding up pretty well in the upper 19's. There seems to be many concerns in the markets right now and that's why it's ever so volatile - interest rates, oil, unemployment, etc. Energy stocks are a defensive play these days. Pick a few good ones and hold them for the long term. Or go with a mutal fund or an ETF if you're more comfortable betting on the whole sector instead of one or two companies. Aside from rising energy costs, oversea companies are benefiting from super-fast developments. Latin America funds have been seeing stellar returns. It may still be a good time to get into the action but allocate a limited amount of your portfolio for the emerging markets, 'cause when the fun is over, I know you'll wish you had that undo button. =) Play smart.

1 Comments:

At 2/27/2006 01:46:00 AM, Blogger dohsinbebe said...

hehe...energy defensive!??! so true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home