/* */

Monday, May 02, 2005

Money-Making Idea #6 - Turn Hot Deals to Cold Cash

When I was in college, I was hooked on hot deal websites and I blew a lot of money on it. Sometimes I would have to buy multiple items to use a dollar off couple. Then I would end up with stuff I don't need. Eventually, I figure out I could sell some of the stuff I bought for a small profit. The biggest profit margins I get are the free-after-rebate products. Say, I picked up a $40 software and send in a $40 rebate, I would end up getting the product for free. Then I would sell it on a forum or ebay for like $5 or $10. The profit margin was off course huge, like infinity!!, but the actually profits and time spent was not alway so worth it. If you look carefully on the hot deals, sometimes you can get pretty good deals on products that has a lot of demand. One product that I used to buy often was routers. Sometimes they have rebates for them, making the price really hot. I could get a $50 router for $20 after rebate and sell it on a forum or ebay for $40. I did follow this money-making idea for a while during college, so it has been proven. I wasn't so aggressive and I was picky so I didn't earn too much. I only picked products that I would keep if they doesn't sell and I would only sell one or two items at a time. The risk for me was relatively safe as I spent on average of $20 or less per product and I sold them out pretty quickly. I made about $1000 in a year's time. Afterwards, I got tired of packaging items and going to the post office. Actually, I was okay with packaging items, but I hated to go to the post office because it was so out of my way.

3 Comments:

At 5/02/2005 10:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great idea, I used to do this in college too. It was easy money back then too, deals are a little harder to get now a days.

 
At 5/03/2005 02:20:00 AM, Blogger Neville said...

I read an online book called "1,000 Ways to Make Money" by Wayne Yeager. You probably will not think twice about half the ideas in there, but reading it certainly gets your mind jogging.

-Nev

 
At 3/21/2006 02:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty good ideas. I've never tried this one. Might have to give it a shot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home