/* */

Monday, April 04, 2005

The Mystery of The Missing Sock

How many of you do your own laundry and when you fold the clothes you end up with one extra sock? It's interesting. I just did my laundry yesterday and I was holding up the last sock and I couldn't find the other one. Guess what? I'm not the only one that has that problem. And how many of you when reconciling your money accounts end up with a lot of numbers you don't know where it should go. I usually have that problem with my cash account in Microsoft Money. I always seem to have $20-$50 missing that I don't know where it went, and because it's cash, it's hard to trace. I update my spending almost everyday, but it's easy to leave out the mid-day snacks or the unexpected fleet market shopping. These little holes add up over time and it hurts my account reconciliation process. I try to figure out where every dollar goes, but most of the time it hurts my little brain too much so I'd just put them into a category called adjustments. This way, the spendings are still tracked but just not categorized. I try to reconcile my cash account every week to keep my records as accurate as possible (sometimes I'm pretty anal about that).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home