/* */

Thursday, March 31, 2005

MBA or no MBA?

I graduated college almost three years ago and have been working since. I'm thinking of going back to school for an M.B.A. degree. I can really go deep into finances and business then. Also, there have been more money pouring into the markets now. The economy seems to be picking up again and business spendings are growing. Also, retirement plans are all over the ads now. Baby boomers are pouring money to financial firms. It seems like a financial major should have some grow. Another thing I have to look at is my cost of opportunity. If I go back to school full-time, I would have to give up two years of full-time paid. My time spent in school must be able to make up for the salary I missed plus interest. Or I can find a job that pays for my masters and this way I can work and earn a degree at the same time.

5 Comments:

At 4/03/2005 12:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. You've posted some good stuff. Keep 'em coming. I'm just about to graduate from college and some of what you talk about is very useful. Thanx

 
At 4/03/2005 05:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll go way into debt by going back for your MBA.

 
At 4/03/2005 09:03:00 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Yes, debt... why does that sound so familiar?

But on the other hand, MBA... it weighs so much on my credentials.

 
At 8/17/2005 05:29:00 PM, Blogger your math teacher said...

It's really difficult to balance work and study but if you can do it, definitely go for it.

Whatever your decision is, don't wait too long. An MBA will definitely increase the likelihood that you will make a higher income later in life.

Check out the series by NY Times on the impact of social class on education, income etc.

Income by Education Graphic

Class Matters

 
At 8/17/2005 05:39:00 PM, Blogger your math teacher said...

Oops. Wrong link. Here's the correct one for Income by Education.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home